After chatting with one of my older girlfriends recently, I came away with some tips on how to get the most out of your 20s. I loved reading “Adulting” by Kelly Williams Brown, and many of the following tips and must-haves from both Brown and my friend are worth considering if you’re a 20-something woman. Here are 10 things every 20-something woman needs:
- A hobby. Seriously, stop watching Real Housewives and drinking so much. Maybe join a running club, or take up floral design. Don’t waste these years doing what everyone else is…wasting time.
- A favorite author or book you can bring up in conversation…outside of “50 Shades of Grey.” Read books that help grow your intelligence and vocabulary.
- An incredibly comfy bed you want to just dive into. It’s true, no one will notice it as much as that new pair of heels, but it is worth it. You lay in this thing every night.
- A set of thank you cards. These are still valid, I promise. People will appreciate getting them more than you’ll ever understand. Who doesn’t love mail?
- A favorite outfit you feel like a million bucks in. A go-to outfit you can feel hot and always look good.
- A workout regiment. Find a routine that works for you and stick to it.
- Okay back to that killer pair of heels…Have a least one pair that you can wear at all times for multiple occasions. A good black pair will do.
- Cute underwear. This will become very important, even if it’s just for you. It’s a fun little secret that only few will ever see…
- Knowledge of two great recipes you can cook. Something that you can whip up if having friends or family over that you have down pat.
- Learn what your drinking limits are. It’s no longer publicly acceptable (as if it ever was) to go day-drink all day Saturday and then go out the same night. Don’t be the sloppy girl and learn your limits.
What are some things that you can’t live without in your life? What life tips have you learned in your 20s?