In your twenties, you learn a lot about yourself in relation to the world around you. For me, my outlook on many things is challenged and constantly changing; the lessons I’ve learned have all led to my personal growth. In honor of Thanksgiving this week, here are 20 life lessons I’m thankful for:
- Caffeine is meant to be enjoyed, and is personally essential to everyday functioning.
- Someone in life will always drive you absolutely insane; just walk away rather than freaking out at them.
- Grades are not everything in life.
- Whatever you do, do what makes you happy often.
- It’s okay to do things sometimes that your parents once told you were bad. Explore the world and break restrictions.
- Get away from your phone and actually get to know people.
- Money is not everything.
- Always put friends and family first, but remember to take care of yourself.
- Whoever you see in the mirror today, remind that person they are beautiful. You are the one and only you.
- Push yourself when no one else will. Don’t look to others for drive and direction all the time.
- Your mom will never ever stop calling you and making sure that you are okay. Be appreciative you have a mother (or guardian, sister, aunt) who cares so much and loves you.
- Everything will always work itself out and be okay.
- A person should always eat cake on their birthday – it’s good to celebrate yourself!
- Say your opinions and speak up for yourself. Be honest and don’t let others talk down to you about who you are and what you’ve done.
- Don’t let others define you. Especially don’t let what might seem like societal norms force you into a relationship of any sort.
- Travel as much as you can afford without going into debt. See the world.
- Everyone has “something” and you have to accept that “something” about yourself. Be confident and recognize it.
- Sarcasm is for the savvy smartened soul.
- It’s important to try new things and to be a “yes” person, even when pushing yourself out of your comfort zone feels scary.
- Find a way to calm and center yourself and practice it.
What life lessons are you thankful for?
Featured Image: Refinery29 via Instagram.