Office Parties always have a bit of awkwardness to them. You can’ t really let loose your boss, but you have to go. You have to socialize but not the fun out-with-your-friends socialize. There are always some awkward uncomfortable moments like the ones below every year.
- 1.You try to arrive fashionably late, but you are one of the first ones to get there. Drink that extra drink at home; arrive a little later to avoid an awkward one-on-one chat with work acquaintances.
- You get forced into an awkward conversation with a co-worker you’ve barely ever talked to.
- Someone comes to the party in a costume that doesn’t leave much to the imagination.
- Another co-worker will walk in significantly overdressed.
- Your one and only friend from the office will show up already intoxicated… great.
- When you are trying to indulge in the free drinks, one creepy co-worker will ask you to take a shot with them.
- You have that awkward encounter in the bathroom with your boss.
- You run into that one co-worker who dressed like Santa who won’t break character.
- Just like any party, as more drinks are poured the PDA becomes overwhelming and unsettling… except it’s different because you work with everyone.
- You ask a stranger who they came with just to be nice and discover it’s actually Bob from HR who you’ve never happened to see in person.
- Someone completely random will be way too confident on the dance floor.
- You will proudly and drunkenly tell everyone who your office crush is.
- You will wake up the next morning with suggestive pictures of you and co-workers HOPING you still have a job to come back to on Monday.
Featured image: Addison Berry via Flickr CC.